You Will Need:
a Tray or dish, Matches or Lighter, a Small Piece of Paper, a Pen, or a Pencil.
1. Prepare for your ritual by writing out your petition - or your wishes and objectives - on a small piece of paper.
2. Prepare your candle by inscribing your name/s on the base of the candle with a nail or knife.
3. Fold your petition paper and place it on a dish or plate. Note: This candle will drip, so make sure the size of the plate is big enough for the overflow of beeswax melting.
4. If you have an intentional oil, dress the candle with it while visualizing your intention.
Place your candle on top of the petition paper.
5. Now you’re ready to set your ritual in motion. Light your candle while focusing on your intention.
6. Safety first! Let the candle burn while you are at home and awake. If you leave home or go to sleep, snuff the candle out - don’t blow it out - and re-light it when you return or awaken.
7. If you find that the candle flame drowns in the pool of wax, you can use a knife to carve a channel into the side of the candle to let the excess wax flow out, or you may pour out the excess wax into the tray.
8. Let the candle burn completely and go out on its own. When the candle has completed burning, your spell work is complete.
9. Wrap the remaining wax, and either keep it until your wishes come true, bury it in your yard or in a potted plant, or ritually dispose of it by saying, “This ritual is complete.”