You Will Need:
a Tray or dish, Matches or Lighter, a Small Piece of Paper, a Pen, or a Pencil.
1. First, prepare the space to do your work. This candle will drip as it burns, so use a tray or dish to place your candle on.
2. Using a knife or nail, inscribe your intention and the name of the target on the candle.
3. While holding the candle in your hands, say an intention or prayer for your success.
4. Apply intentional oils or herbs to the candle in an upward motion (from the base to the wick) if you want to attract something or a downward motion (from the wick to the base) if you want to remove something.
5. Affix the candle to the tray or dish. Take a match, light the candle's bottom to soften the wax, and then hold it on the tray until it sticks.
6. Light the candle.
7. If the wick is drowning in melted wax, carve a channel with a knife to let the wax drain. This is just a sign of resistance towards the intention, so you must work with it and help the energies flow lightly.
8. Safety first! Let the candle burn any time that you are at home and awake. If you leave your house or go to sleep, snuff the candle out - don’t blow it out - and re-light it when you return or awaken.
9. Once the candles have burned completely, wrap the remaining wax in a cotton cloth or brown paper bag and keep it until your wishes come true. Once you achieve your goal, you may bury your remains in your yard or place them in the center of a crossroads - where two roads intersect.
10. Your ritual is complete.